Year 7 Catch Up Premium
BERWICK MIDDLE SCHOOL
YEAR 7 CATCH UP
Y7 catch-up premium 2016-17
The literacy and numeracy catch-up premium gives schools additional funding to support Year 7 pupils who did not achieve at least level 4 in reading and/or maths at the end of key stage 2 (KS2).
Berwick Middle School is committed to ensuring a smooth transfer and transition from Year 6 to Year 7. We work closely with our school staff to ensure children are ‘secondary ready’ both academically and socially.
We use this premium to provide strategies and interventions which are specifically aimed at pupils who are behind in literacy and numeracy.
Students and catch-up premium for Academic Year 2016-17
- Students on roll in Year 7 – 69
- Number of students eligible for catch-up premium – 7
- Total amount of Catch-Up Premium – £3500
How do we use the catch-up premium?
The following interventions, resources and activities are implemented through the catch-up premium funding
- Intervention and licenses for computer based strategies
- Interventions with teaching assistants and members of staff
- Children are tested before and after interventions to identify progress and impact and the views of their subjects teachers are sought
- Those reaching age related expectations return to normal timetable; those who do not remain on intervention programme.
We work to remove barriers to learning for our catch up students through out the first term. This programme involves guided writing, supported reading and spelling/phonics as appropriate and is delivered by teaching assistants. Pupils may follow a personalised programme that is designed around their individual needs based on diagnostic reading scheme that takes into account their current ability of reading and their progress.
Pupils are set across Year 7 and intervention is put in place using teaching staff in a ratio of one staff to four pupils maximum.
Please click on the image below to view the impact of interventions
on 2015-16 Year 7 Catch Up group