Required from September 2022 (or sooner if possible)
Due to an internal promotion, we have an exciting opportunity for an outstanding classroom practitioner in Mathematics
to join our team delivering high-quality teaching across KS2 and KS3.
Berwick Middle School is a “Good” school (OFSTED 2019) catering for children from 9-13 years of age. We have high expectations of all of our children, both in their learning and wider development, and are seeking a dynamic, motivated and enthusiastic teacher to join us as we progress towards “Outstanding” status.
The successful candidates will:
- Be an outstanding and creative teacher
- Have an excellent understanding of the pedagogy and principles of primary or secondary maths curriculum
- Have an excellent understanding of behaviour for learning
- Be enthusiastic about nurturing confident and independent learners
- Be committed to our inclusive ethos
- Have excellent interpersonal skills
At Berwick Middle School, you will benefit from becoming part of a school that:
- Is a key member of the Berwick Schools Partnership, integrating children’s needs across their entire school career.
- Is at the heart of the local community. Benefitting from close ties to local arts and sports initiatives, Berwick Middle offers an array of “enrichment” activities and purpose-build science and gymnasium facilities.
- Has a vibrant, warm and welcoming ethos, situated in a picturesque and historic seaside town – yet only one hour from Edinburgh and Newcastle.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS disclosure is required for this post.
Visits to the school for prospective candidates are strongly encouraged, please contact our Office Manager, Susan Fraser: 01289 306140 to arrange one if you are interested.
Completed application forms should be returned to the school by noon, Friday 20th May 2022 by post or email: firstname.lastname@example.org